Monday, July 2, 2012

Fresh Salsa


Oh, my we have had a lot of tomatoes from our garden and we are loving it. I have been canning tomatoes like crazy! One of the things we always enjoy with garden tomatoes is fresh salsa. Several years ago before I met Jacob I worked at the VA Hospital in SLC. One of my friends there made the best fresh salsa I have ever eaten. We always made her bring it when we had potlucks. It is so yummy and we have made it several times already with our bountiful harvest of tomatoes this year. So I am sharing this amazing recipe with you today. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

Fresh Salsa - Recipe from Shaun-ta's friend Ashley

1 Can Mexican Style Tomatoes
8 Large Tomatoes
6 Roma Tomatoes
1 Sweet Onion
1 Bunch Cilantro
1 Clove Garlic, Crushed
3 Jalapenos
Garlic Salt and Salt, to taste
Juice from 1 Lime
1 or 2 diced Avocados (optional but very yummy)

Chop everything and mix it all together in a large bowl.
This recipe makes a lot. When I made the above pictured batch I didn't include the can of Mexican style tomatoes and we didn't grow Roma's so I just put in about 16 tomatoes from our garden. It turned out great! It is delicious and smells amazing. Would be a great addition to your upcoming 4th of July BBQ's. We hope everyone has a wonderful holiday.



No comments: