Saturday, March 17, 2012

Kidney Bean & Turkey Meat Loaf



 I have been incorporating beans into some of our meals lately by adding them to whatever meat I am serving. This stretches the meat further, saving us money and it gives us a health boost. Below is one of my creations: Kidney Bean and Turkey Meatloaf. It turned out pretty good and the leftovers were even better.




 I started by smashing 1 can of Red Kidney Beans. Next time I might try Pinto Beans.



Then I combined my beans with 1 lb. of Ground Turkey, 1 Cup Italian Seasoned Bread crumbs, 1 Egg, 1 Tb. Worcestersire sauce, and 1 tsp. Season Salt.



Then I shaped the meat mixture into a loaf and placed it in a glass casserole dish. It was baked, covered, at 350 degrees for about and hour. The last 10 minutes of baking I uncovered the meatloaf and glazed it with BBQ sauce.





The finished product.




The kids and I ate it sliced just out of the oven and it was pretty good.
Kidney Bean & Turkey Meatloaf








Jacob got home late from work that evening so he browned his up on the stove top. It looked really yummy. Later in the week I browned up some of the leftover and ate it on a bun with hamburger fixin's. It was delicious!




Let us know what creative ways you come up with to get beans into your meals. . .

No comments: